If we spent the same amount on defense as we do on education, politicians would be screaming about national security. If we spent the same amount on education as we do on defense, they’d be screaming about Socialism.
~Me. Just now. (via world-shaker)
- Seeking Business, States Loosen Insurance Rules
- Syria Broadens Deadly Crackdown on Protesters
- U.S. Raises Pressure on Pakistan in Raid’s Wake
- A Bleak Life, Cut Short at 4, Harrowing From the Start
- 50 Years After Trial, Eichmann Secrets Live On
- Smugglers Guide Illegal Immigrants With Cues via Cellphone
#MissionImpossible #GhostProtocol @ParamountPics is at $72.5M for the 5 day Christmas weekend. See a featurette right here. The film opens December 21.
I fucked up with Aunt Mimi, the first time I met her. I was greeted, I was shown the bird feeder where the birds came to keep her company, I was shown around the place. And then I said, “wow, I’ve never been in a trailer before.”
I meant it nicely. I liked trailers; I got a bit jealous, every time we saw them on vacations; I wanted to live in a house like that when I grew up, self-contained and mobile. It seemed vaguely magical to me. It did not, however, seem magical to Aunt Mimi.
She whipped around on me like a snake.
“Well,” she said, “la-dee-dahhh, missy. You enjoying yourself? Is this an experience for you, coming down to see the poor trailer folks? It’s such a treat, getting visitors from the palace.”